Thursday, March 4, 2010

Can my ex change a name on holiday ticket without my knowledge?

I split with my girlfriend at the beginining of january 2008 we had a family holiday booked for may this year obviously im not going now and she has decided to ask her friend instead, i had no knowledge of this until last week and although i have asked for some money to be returned to me towards my costs i have received nothing, is it possible for her to change my name on my ticket without my say so?




Answer 1 :
If she had booked the tickets in the beginning then probably she can, if you were the one who booked them then she cannot. If she doesn't pay you back file a lawsuit or something if it was a lot of money.




Answer 2 :
it depends on who booked the holiday, if she booked it under here name on your behalf, then she has the right to change the name of the ticket.

there is always a group leader on these package holidays and thats who has the right to change the details of the other individuals.

with the money situation, you can ask her obv for the money and if she doesnt pay tell her your taking her to a small claims court which will cost both parties. your choice, hope that helps




Answer 3 :
I work for a major airline and if this is an airline ticket, names cannot be changed on airline tickets. The ticket is good for one year from the date of purchase and the only person who can use it is the person originally named on the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment