Sunday, May 23, 2010

What happens to a ticket when the court date is set on a holiday? Does it get dismissed?

This ticket is on Guam. My court date was Dec. 7. I was ready to face the court. I went there only to realize nobody else was there except other people who were issued tickets. Doors were closed. BTW, my ticket don't have the officer's nor my signature on it.



Answer 1 :
Check back when the court is open, because it will likely be reset to a date when the court is open, and if you don't show up you could have a warrant for your arrest.

I know a woman who's court date was a Saturday, and when she went to court it was closed, and 5 years later she tried to get a job and learned there was a warrant.




Answer 2 :
You should hire a attorney & he possibly could have that dismissed for you.A good judge usually will if it's not a criminal offense.Make sure you don't just brush this off.You are still accountibal for your actions.Check to set up a date you can make to court&state your plea.

No comments:

Post a Comment