Monday, November 15, 2010

Can I fly to Australia with a one way ticket on a tourist visa if my working holiday visa being processed?

Can I fly to Australia with a one way ticket on a tourist visa if my working holiday visa being processed?




Answer 1 :
I very much doubt it. Best to wait until your working visa is processed. Customs like to know if you have enough money to support yourself whilst in Australia, and at least enough money to get back home again, or a return ticket already booked and paid for.
If u do come....welcome...and hope u enjoy our beautiful diverse country.




Answer 2 :
You should check with your local Australian embassy, or with the department of immigration (http://www.immi.gov.au ).

As far as I understand, customs and immigration in ANY country will treat you with suspicion if you arrive on a one-way ticket. It shows that you have no real plan to ever leave the country again. That's fine if you are migrating to live permanently in Australia, but neither of the visas you are interested in is of that type.

No comments:

Post a Comment