Thursday, July 15, 2010

Court on a federal holiday? Am I off the hook for this ticket?

Officer wrote my court date as MLK day, of course the court was closed. Expired registration. Am I off the hook for this?




Answer 1 :
I seriously doubt that you will be off the hook just because of this but you might have just gotten off on a legal technicality. But you might be. I suggest you try to go another date and appear before the Judge and say that you showed up on MLK day and the court was closed and ask for your ticket to be excused because the officer didn't show up. Good Luck. I think your odds are 50-50. Be very polite to the Judge. This is not legal advice and I am not a lawyer.




Answer 2 :
Federal courts were closed, not state/municipal court.

You're still on the hook AND you may get a failure to appear now.

No comments:

Post a Comment