Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Is it legal or illegal to buy an oline UK lottery ticket if I am on holiday in China?

I am currently living in China (I am a resident of the UK) and am currently buying UK lottery tickets online from China. Now the UK lottery website says I may not be able to claim any prize if I am playing in a country where it is unlawful to do so. Anyone have any ideas?

By the way, I haven't won anything BIG yet, but when I win small, then they still pay that into my account. So if precedent is anything to go by, then I guess that would be my argument.




Answer 1 :
There may be a precedent of them paying small prizes to you before, but there are no legal precedents. This is because wagers are binding in honour only.




Answer 2 :
im not sure but i think you have 6 months to declare that you are the winner. so you always can come back to do that. you dont need to say you are out of the contry in the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment