Friday, April 16, 2010

I received a speeding ticket over the holiday weekend. The officer told me I did not need to go to court but..

I have yet to pay the ticket. Will they issue a warrant on me if I did not pay the ticket yet?

I have yet to pay the ticket. Is there an actual deadline for paying speeding tickets? Is it different from parking tickets? I've tried helplessly to call the Clerk of Courts for over 3 days and the line is either busy or hangs up on me. I live in Cleveland, help!




Answer 1 :
they will suspend your licence , then when you get pulled over again you will be arrested so you should probaly pay it before it is to late because after they suspend it you have to pay reinstatement fees extra court cost . JUST NOT WORTH IT




Answer 2 :
If this is issued in the UK, the fine will be sent to the magistrates' court for enforcement if not paid. Continued failure to pay and turn up to court can result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.




Answer 3 :
Just call the number on the ticket and see how much of a grace period you have to pay. It's usually like 10 days. If you can't pay it, talk to someone to see what can be worked out.

It depends...some unpaid traffic tickets result in a warrant and license cancellation, while others result only in the license cancellation. It typically depends on whether the traffic ticket was for an infraction or offense. Obviuosly this will differ depending upon state and jurisdiction.


No comments:

Post a Comment